"Therefore the king said to me, 'Why is your face sad, since you are not sick? This is nothing but sorrow of heart.'" Nehemiah 2:2
Question: Would God give a man a need without intending to provide for it? I used to think I had the answer, but now I don't really know. My brain says that God will always provide for His children; but my heart finds it hard to believe.
So, I read this post, and it was interesting to me. I know what I think, but I'd be more interested in hearing a little more about what you think.
ReplyDeleteWell, hey there. I was pretty depressed when I wrote this (I was lamenting my singleness), so the question I asked was a little more ambiguous than I intended. Obviously, if God didn't give us needs that He did not intend to fill, no one would ever die. What I should have asked is, "Would God ever create a man with a need that He did not intend to fill?" I think the answer is "No." At least, not for His children. His promises are too clear and to firm for me not to be able to stand on them (Ps. 37:4). Your thoughts?
ReplyDelete